Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Business Card Wallet


I finally decide to make myself business cards to promote my blog!  I've had several people ask me about how I make things, especially at church!  The other day I had to write my blog address on a napkin for someone!  I used Microsoft Publisher, and just printed off about 20 of them.  Of course, I needed a cute little wallet to hold them in!  I found a tutorial online here, but I didn't use it when I went to make mine.  Afterwards, I noticed that she used some fusible fleece inside, and I wish I would have done that.


Supplies:
Outer fabric 5 x 6
Inner fabric 5 x 6
Pocket fabric 2 pieces, 2 1/2 x 5
A button
A hair elastic (mine was all stretched out!)



First, hem one long edge of each pocket piece.


Pin the pocket pieces to the inner fabric piece, with the hemmed edges to the inside.


Sew the button on the right side of the outer fabric piece.  It's about 1 1/2 inches from the edge, centered.


Pin your elastic to the pocket piece.  When sewing, I pinched the end together as I went over it and back stitched to secure it really well.


Put the outer fabric piece on top of the inner fabric piece, right sides together and sew around the edge.  I had a little more than a 1/4 inch seam allowance.  You can see I left a small opening for turning.  Then, cut the end of the hair elastic off.


Turn and press.  Then top stitch around the entire thing, making sure you close your opening.


Finished!



1 comment:

  1. That is a very nice project, Casey. How fun to have business cards for your blog, too!

    Thank you for this lovely tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...