Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hh Horse Homeschool Highlights in MFW


This week we learned about Hh horses!  Both kids really enjoyed this unit.  Our bible words were "I obey right away", we're still working on following them!   My husband found this puzzle at the thrift store, and we worked on it as a family.  Caleb's definitely not quite ready for such a large puzzle, but it was cute watching him get excited when he found a piece that fit.  We also made toilet paper tube horses, found at DLTK. 


Since we didn't have a horse farm to go visit, we stayed home and watched the movie Misty.  You can find in on youtube.com like we did.  Then I was pleasantly surprised to find that two of our library books were about the horses that live on Assateague Island in Virginia, I never realized it was a true story while watching the movie.  The kids were thrilled!


We read a few more books, but I took the rest back to the library before I took a picture.  Our lap books are a little bare, I'll have to glue pictures of our puzzle and toilet paper horses into the blank spot.  I also had them obey my commands as I let them to a treasure (hard salami in a bathroom drawer), which they thought was great, and begged me to do again!


Caleb is really improving his drawing too, as in, he actually attempts to draw something other than scribbles!  I love his horse on the bottom of the picture (I had to draw the hat though).  The big and little h folders came from homeschool share

3 comments:

  1. Cute projects, Casey! One of my girls in particular is a real horse-lover.... I should add some horse related activities to our homeschool. We do have some horses, but it is currently too cold here to spend much time with them!

    Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! My son is doing this K curriculum...he is obsessed w puzzles...wish we had that horse one! We made toilet paper roll penguins for the Penguins unit. I like seeing what library books other homeschool families enjoy. The library is our bff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words. The library is our bff too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...