Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pacifier Clips with Fabric Yo-yo


Ahh, cute pacifier clips!   I think Rebekah had the ugly dollar store variety, so when I saw this tutorial on Make It & Love It I had to make a couple.  I did not have any cute buttons to use, so I made a fabric yo-yo instead.  It was my first time making them, and I will definitely be making more!  What a great embellishment!  I followed the tutorial here, which was very easy to follow.  One tip I have for you though is to sew close to the folded edge, not the raw edge, otherwise it doesn't gather nicely. 


As an added bonus, I was able to make both of these without spending anything!  I just happened to have the same badge clips that Ashley recommended from Walmart.  I bought a box of them for homeschooling and only used 2 for my kids!


I did have to use velcro on the end of the ribbon instead of snaps, I need to look into getting a snap press, it'd come in handy.  I ended up hand sewing the velcro on, which was a little tricky, but it looked much better than what the machine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...